Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Closed Ski Areas Tour


Plenty of snow. Greatest snow! Biggest snow. How is skiing in Quebec today, on the third week of May?

In the end, I managed to ski the long, nice run at Mont Saint-Sauver. They will still open this run one more time this weekend. I also skied at Mont Saint-Sauveur, Versant Avila, another one of their locations, and in Mont Habitant nearby, and then in Ski Chantecler. Chantecler was entirely deserted, and even closed off with a gate. But I did manage to hike up and ski the few meters of snow that was left higher up. And got drenched in rain, and worried about the thunderstorm above me.

But, wet and happy, I got off the mountain and decided to warm myself up in a local spa and sauna. See the separate article for the experience at the Auberge and Spa Beaux Rêves.



Mont Saint-Sauveur:






Mont Saint Sauveur, versant Avila:


Mont Habitant:




Ski Chantecler:


Photos and videos (c) 2017 by Jari Arkko. Video editing on and sounds licensed from Apple iMovie. See discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4201.

This blog is also available at the TGR site. Tämä blogi löytyy myös suomeksi Relaasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment